Here's an easy to make dish by Mommy Peach to satisfy your Katsu cravings.
Serve with brown rice, shredded cabbage, miso soup, and tonkatsu sauce.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 370 calories, 28.5 g fat (4.5 g saturated), 18 g protein, 1,110 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber
Dressing: combine all ingredients in a jar. Cover with the lid and shake to combine. Alternatively, you can place all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. Whisk continuously while adding olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Season to taste.
Arrange salad components on a large serving platter or on individual salad plates. Whisk dressing until well combined. Drizzle dressing on the salad or serve on the side.
1. Thoroughly clean fish. Remove scale and gills, and wash thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
2. Slice the raw fish into six pieces
3. Heat corn oil in frying pan.
4. Place the flour into a bowl or plastic bag. Place the raw fish in the flour and cover the outside of each fish with flour .
5. Sauté fish until golden brown. Set aside on top of a paper towel.
6. Sauté onion and tomatoes. Add ½ cup of water.
7. Add the beaten egg whites and fish Cover and let it simmer for 5–10 minutes.
8. Season with ground pepper.
9. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: ½ cup
Each serving provides:
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 330 mg
Total Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 26 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Potassium: 370 mg
Source: The Food Network
Smothered in low-calorie sauteed mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, this dish is both healthy and satisfying. A little bit of butter goes a long way in the sauce-just a touch adds creamy richness....
This recipe uses regular whole wheat flour, but for a slightly more refined coating, whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted.
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Cut baguette into thick slices, spread garlic butter on the slices and all over the top and sides of baguette. cover with parchment paper then foil paper securely.
2. Cover with parchment paper then foil paper securely. Bake for 15 minutes. Place pieces on a platter and sprinkle with parsley flakes.